Tuesday 22 May 2007

Aerosmith - Toys In The Attic (1975)

Never been a big Aerosmith fan, but this is a record I do dig, it's one of their heaviest platter's, and feature's some of the band's best songs, namely 'Toys In The Attic', the original 'Walk This Way', the brilliantly sweeping 'Sweet Emotion' and the surprisingly heavy 'Round And Round'. Steven Tyler on great form, I guess he always has been as a frontman, but over the years, for me anyway, the Aerosmith facade has become a little worn and I always find myself going back to their early efforts for some kind of soulful satisfaction.
This was certainly one of the album's that broke the band, the guitar structures are solid, there's no knocking Perry's work, but when you have the Stones and the Faces to drool over, Aerosmith do become a tad too tiresome.
'Toys In The Attic' is a solid rock 'n' roll record but if I want to be blown away then I'll look elsewhere.
6/10

No comments: