Sunday 12 August 2007

Samhain - November Coming Fire (1988)

I'm digging this, gloomy punkoid jack-o-lantern soundtrack, created by Glen Danzig who would go on to make even more evil sounds with Danzig. Samhain are still pretty mournful yet primal also, far slower than the Misfits, this is black heavy metal recorded in a dungeon, instrumental opener 'Diabolos 88' is a nocturnal ogre that drips ominously into the punky 'In My Grip, and pure gothic mayhem of 'Halloween II', all very sinister without giving too much away.
Blessed with a cover of pure metal imagery, this grim noise is worth checking out.


7/10

1 comment:

Wayne said...

Totally agree. Great album. I hadn't listened to it in probably 10 years, and was putting it in my iTunes, and searched Google images for cover art and found your post. Great blog. Also hadn't listened to Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power in ages. I'll have to peruse the rest of your entries.

Later.