Wednesday 4 June 2008

Lita Ford - Lita (1988)


I can just see your faces now...cringing as I throw another lightweight metal album on here, keeping uncomfortable company with the talents of Mother Love Bone, Non-Fiction, Slayer, Trouble etc. However, but there's always room for a few nostalgic albums and 'Lita' remains one of them. Yes, as a kid I fancied her...mind you, alot of the ladies in metal at the time were hardly show-stoppers, but it was Lita's 'Kiss Me Deadly' with its sexy video, rather than great lyrics which turned me on...albeit for just this record which I picked up for the price of a raindrop in some second hand shop years ago. It doesn't rock, it doesn't roll, but it's heavier than the Vixen record, Lita's vocals far more dangerous (hardly!!) and the collaboration with Ozzy on 'Close My Eyes Forever' is at once worthy of scarf-waving...and then a visit to the toilet. I like Lita...and this record...a little, because it's symbolic of female metal in the mid to late '80s...of course, that doesn't say too much for the ladies in the business, but let's just leave it at that...

5/10

No comments: