Monday 23 August 2010

Into Another - Seemless (1996)


Irritating band name, neither here nor there for me, a bit like metal in the mid-'90s! A fair bit of fuss was created by Into Another, and this badly dressed 'metal' record drifts aimlessly through awkward grunge tinged with sugary melody. I just don't get it...some metal is too clever to achieve monumental status, i.e. Mind Over Four, Non-Fiction, whilst at the other end there are bands like Into Another and their alterno-rock which appears blessed with half-decent yet distant lyrics, and a Cornell-type vocal warble. I'm just too removed from this though, or maybe it's too removed from me, because when an album cover irritates, I just get a feeling the album will too. Buy it if you wish...if you can find it, but maybe my despair at mid '90s metal is justified when I hear this sort of stuff which exists out of any trend, but not in a cool way.


5/10

No comments: