Thursday 17 January 2013

Raw Silk - Silk Under The Skin (1990)

Okay so before you start puking on the cheese, trya nd appreciate this Greek AOR for what it is, and hey, check out that cover! These guys hail from Greece and actually sound like they are from about 1985 so it's hard to believe this is 1990 as it sounds very dated,e specially with those pumping keyboards and late night grooves. It's all very soft, hardly a raging guitar in sight, in fact it's quite pop orientated but I've included this obscurity because yep, it's cheesy and once again, it has a great cover. Favourite tracks are the lush 'Irene' which tries its luck with a guitar solo, and a few infectious parts and the sultry stomp of 'Fever' which has stereotypical late '80s metal written all over it. All pretty and weak but it's my blog and I'll review what I want!! Essential for anyone seeking hair metal without balls! 5/10

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You must be joking. Only 5?

Neil A said...

Nope, it's my opinion. I'm guessing you might be connected to the band hence your 'Unknown' status