Wednesday 22 January 2014

Sacred Blade - Of the Sun + Moon (1986)

Yep, we're still stuck in 1986 wit a reasonably meaty offering - and their only album - from British Columbia's Sacred Blade who I believe are still going but under a different name. Listen, I'm not going to argue with metal that is as punchy as this. I was actually introduced to this brand of fist-clenching metal via one of the 'Metal Massacre' compilations, and it's the sort of record I would have loved to have picked up in the '80s mainly due to Jeff Ulmer's (R.I.P.) vocals which are a mix of gravel and ball-breaking high-pitched squeal. A number of good and intelligent numbers on this opus, ranging from the title track through to 'Salem' and my favourite rocker 'Master of the Sun.' Good solid melodic metal.
7/10

No comments: