Saturday 28 January 2012

Crucified Barbara - Til Death Do Us Party (2009)

Good album title, and of course, if the band are on the cover it's gonna be a cool cover too! One of the best, or at least my fave female metal acts, who, like the monstrous Meldrum, have the ability to rock heavy with attitude aplenty and some monolithic riffs which kick straight in on opener 'Killer On His Knees'. Vocally, I love female vocalists who've got a bit of raw oomph and I can't knock Mia Coldheart's aggressive rasp. My only issue about the record is that it has a very clean modern feel, not a bad thing, but I'd love to hear these gals with a rawer, grittier producer who brings out the sleazier side. 'Creatures' and 'Jennyfer' prime examples of this, because although they are solid, heavy rock tracks, in their melody they exist as rather one dimensional, but I'm loving the straight laced, balls to the wall entries such as 'Can't Handle Love' and 'Danger Danger', and that's what CB do best. Always room for improvement, but they have crafted themselves into a nifty outfit.

7.5/10

No comments: