Wednesday 23 April 2008

Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Tendencies (1983)


I much preferred the more melodic skatecore of 'Join The Army' (see review), this debut album, pretty much frenetic throughout, and only letting up occasionally, and these slower tracks, 'Subliminal', 'Institutionalised' and 'I Saw Your Mommy..' being my personal favourites amidst a blur of punk thrashy where Mike Muir angrily rasps, confronts and pops his head over searing solo's and hyper drums. Suicidal Tendencies would certainly become a more polished outfit, but this debut, although raw and manic is just a little bit too much of a same sounding song affair, but I've always appreciated the band for their dose of manic music. The album is granted entry into this blog because I have fond memories of purchasing it on vinyl and it certainly being something different to the usual stuff around at the time, but I much preferred D.R.I.'s brand of thrash.


6/10

No comments: