Friday 29 May 2009

DC-10 - Co-Burn (?)


Anyone know anything about DC-10 ? Okay, a poor name for a band and a record, but this is an record, soulful, chilled, funky, highly grooved and mellow. Mordred, ala 'Vision', a bit of Heads Up, Chilli Peppers, Fishbone, Santana (!), in fact, heavily influenced by the early '90s funk metal trend, although this isn't heavy on the metal at all, and relies on slap bass, jangly funky guitars and chilled vocals, ala Lenny Kravitz and white boy hip-hop, but little else I've been able to find out. 'Miss Thang', 'Nothin But A Groove' etc, kinda nice...then wears off after a while like bubblegum...


5/10

1 comment:

A Virgin Tomorrow said...

I used to have it on CD somewhere I dated the singer for a spell. I'll see if I can find it. I'm sure it's well-buried by now.