Tuesday 6 July 2010

The Outpatience - Anxious Disease (2006)


Relatively cool rock project featuring Slash, Izzy and Duff, all ex-Guns 'n' Roses. All a bit half-cocked in reality because after the sassy, Mother Love Bone-esque 'Wound Up In Vegas' slithers in, it's all pretty tame afterwards. The album comprises mostly of bluesy, slow, acoustic numbers that unfortunately do remind me of Bon Jovi, although I'm sure the band were thinking of a more loose, G 'n' R, alcoholic swoon. We have to wait for the album's latter part to get any kind of swagger, in the form of 'Black Eyes', 'I.F.H.' and 'Purchase My Freedom', although of all the slower cuts, the twang of 'Walk On By' appeals most.


For me, too many of these super groups fail miserably in their attempts to make decent albums. This is a bit half-baked, lacking the sleaze I expected, and although it fails to kick up any dust, it does deliver partly.


6/10


No comments: