Wednesday 28 December 2011

Ignitor - The Spider Queen (2009)

Mmmm, so, Erika, the queen of vocal pipes flees the nest and now ex-watchtower and metal journeyman Jason McMaster is at the helm - maybe it's Ignitor's way of showing they mean business. Somehow this doesn't seem as effective as the 'Road...' record, but it's still powerhouse metal, this time more inspired by Dio and the runic mayhem of Skyclad. All very mystical and musically sharp, eager to thrash at times, the band clearly experienced at this sort of thing, so the fires are raging hard, but I can't get Dio's wolfen glare out of my head. Something incredibly nostalgic about Ignitor but I can't see it lasting, my lack of faith simply based on the fact that McMaster doesn't seem to stay anywhere for too long but we'll have to wait and see...but I'm more interested in what Erika is doing but it wouldn't surprise me if she's off crooning on some Nordic cruise ship! No prizes for the terrible album cover...nice bum though!

7/10

No comments: