Friday 9 November 2012

Disciples Of Power - Power Trap (1989)

When I first heard the band name floatinga round in the late '80s I was convinced this would be some type of bluesy sleaze album. Er, to say I was wrong was an understatement. Disciples Of Power are a frantic black thrashing pile of mayhem and destruction who rely on raw, bloody-knuckle riffs and rusty rough vocals. This is all hell breaking loose on record, it just goes for the jugular. There's nothing original here, just dark manic thrash with rancid vocals and hurtling guitars...bit it has an endearing quality as it starts to rip your face off. Hard to describe because it's just so in your face, but it's lack of identity means it can just get on with its job and destroy your ears. 'Ice emons' and 'Crisis' being my favourite assaults on the senses even if the vocals give me a sore throat just listening to them. 6/10

No comments: