Wednesday 27 July 2011

Adrenalin Kick -Bad Reputation (1991)

Another band the '90s passed by. I always thought Adrenalin Kick were more Skid Row than Kik Tracee, but before I heard them I hoped they'd impress like the latter. Instead, this is a pretty noise, one that attempts to swagger and breeze but at times drags slightly. The band aren't afraid to throw in a few chugging riffs, 'Beware The Stranger' boasts soulful vocals and a sharp riff, and 'She's Got Me Running' is a Cult/Hanoi hybrid. I can see how this record may have been thrown in with the alterno-metal crowd, but it lacks the breeze of say Law And Order and doesn't change its colour enough to satisfy. 'De-Humanizer' is a swaggering heavy glam cut but for the whole record lacks the glitz I anticipated. The rather dour album cover sums it all up really.

6/10

No comments: