Friday 15 July 2011

Xentrix - Shattered Existence (1989)

The band's 'Kin' opus left me cold, 'Shattered...' tries tow arm the cockle's but still grates as another Metallica mimic, mainly in the form of Astley's irritating vocals. Whilst Bay Areas spawned so many cool acts Britain struggled to spew out a hatful of decent thrash bands, only Slammer, D.A.M, Deathwish, doing any damage and even then it was all rather low budget, only Sabbat rising above the hordes with their bewitching metal. 'Shattered...' is a predictable, lifeless record that rarely shifts pace from that monotone thrash chug, all the while Astley becomes more and more irritating in his Hetrfield's impression. The likes of 'Balance Of Power' and 'Position Of Security' seem timid in their attack, if you can call it that, and I'm left wondering, once again why I've spent forty minutes of my life listening to it. As interesting as dish water I'm afraid. Shattered patience.

5/5

No comments: