Wednesday 27 July 2011

Hericane Alice - Tear The House Down (1990)

I expected a lot more from this band, and am amazed to see copies of this being sold at astronomical prices on the net. Any buyer must surely be an avid fan...if there is such a thing, because musically this is all rather standard. Sure, Danny Gill is a fine guitarist but I'm hearing a typical, middle of the road Whitesnake style of rock, complete with floozy ballads, 'Too Late', and the more uptempo melodic rockers, 'Wild Young And Crazy', 'I Walk Alone'. This sort of stuff is best suited to a late night radio station because at least then the listener only has to sit through one track, but as an album 'Tear The House Down' makes me do exactly what the title suggests, because all this is frustratingly mundane, to the extent that I'm running out of words to describe it...

5/10

No comments: