Tuesday 26 July 2011

Blue Murder - Blue Murer (1989)

After the dire techno-noise of Morbid Angel, I'm refreshed by a piece by a piece of late '80s hard rock. Fluid, middle of the road, Whitesnake-esque metal, of big voice, big drums (Appice) and a whole load of smoke for atmosphere. Plenty of brooding atmosphere's and sultry love songs ('Out Of Love') as well as vibrant mid-paced rockers, 'Riot', even if they are a tad overlong. Slot this alongside the already mentioned Whitesnake, and the likes of Baton Rouge, because it's all very fleshy and masculine although I must admit I prefer the Blue Murder guitar sound when it gets going. 'Save My Love' and 'Black Hearted Woman' being my fave cuts, the former a misty, swaying late night track with some cool crooning courtesy of Sykes.

6/10

No comments: