Thursday 15 May 2008

Flotsam & Jetsam - No Place For Disgrace (1990)


A thrash band that never really rose above the hordes, I recall purchasing this album but despite its inclusion here, the memories do not bring well-being or enlightenment, as I remember various headaches after sifting through the empty thrash tracks, and always avoiding the disgusting cover of Elton John's already disgusting 'Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting', which sat right in the middle of the record. the cover, the sound, and the direction seem aimless, I remember with fondness the excellent very metal cover to the 'Doomsday...' debut album, but this left me cold time and time again. I almost snatch the album away from this website in case some unfortunate thrasher goes and buys it, but like I said, some records are here just for the sake of nostalgia, and this is one of them because as thrash records go, this is pretty dreary.

4/10

No comments: