Friday 7 September 2012

Crucified Barbara - The Midnight Chase (2012)

Oh dear, that really is a shoddy album cover that looks like some teen horror movie. Thankfully this all female Swedish band do have the ability to rock, it's just difficult to fall for the sound especially after hearing the almighty noise of Meldrum (R.I.P.). Crucified Barbara play it pretty straight, it's well produced and yet however much they try to sneer I'm no longer buying it as I once did but that's not the say the album is without its quality, 'Into The Fire' is a ballsy rawk n' roller that brings to mind Skid Row whilst 'Everything We Need' is a mix of Doro and suped up Runaways with a few dark riffs thrown in. They aren't a bad band, but there seems to be something so glossy about it all, or maybe I'm just getting old. They'd probably eat me alive! 6.5/10

No comments: