Friday 28 September 2012

Touched - Death Row (1986)

Vocalist reminds me of what Rod Stewart would sound like if he joined a metal band, especially on the slow building Zeppish 'When I call Your Name.' When I first heard this record I thought it was going to be some satanic thrash workout, the cover painting all sorts of dark imagery, but instead it's a solid ball of black basement rock from the UK. The album has a low budget feel and most of the time has a very live feel, as if the band were playing in some type of empty hall when they recorded it. I'm loving the sneer of 'Night Of The Halloween,' (silly title) and whilst slightyl out of tune at times, this is very much a plodder that grows with each listen even if it doesn't offer too much in the way of musical brilliance. 6/10

No comments: