Friday 7 September 2012

L.A. Guns - Hollywood Forever (2012)

I'm not gonna lie, L.A. Guns were never a big part of my life, I found their first two records luke warm compared to the debut albums of G n' R and Crue, but this new record is a rock 'n' roll monster that I keep on playing. The band have upped the anti and the attitude and have come kickin' and screamin' into the present. Behind Lewis is a solid band that sees Stacey Blades burning up the chords, Griffin clanking the bass and ex-W.A.S.P. man Steve Riley on the skins, and speaking of W.A.S.P. you just gotta hear the title cut, because it's W.A.S.P. down to a tee, driving hard on a 'Blind In Texas' groove, with Lewis more furious than he's ever been. 'Underneath The Sun' brings Crue to mind, it's a sultry dreamy half hinted ballad, whilst 'Queenie' hops in on a Bolanesque riff and cavorts with a Faces swagger. L.A. Guns have finally reached their peak, and I'm glad I'm able to experience it. 8/10

No comments: