Friday 28 September 2012

Steel Vengeance - Prisoners (1988)

This has got to be one of the best metal album cover's of all time - reminding me of the type of design thrash metallers Exciter used to go for. But, does the music match the suspense of that sleeve ? Er, well, partly. Steel Vengeance are an above average all fire and ice metal act who never really progressed behind the fire, blood and black leather cavern, but I still find this intriguing, wishing that I had it on vinyl and I could stare at that cover. But enough of that cover, let's talk about the music - especially the title track with its nice acoustic intro and buzzing riff, but the downfall of the album are the fragile vocals which get swallowed by some accompliahed guitar solo's, and the production lets it down big time, but hey, I'm a sucker for stuffy production and dungeons and dragosn metal, and I can't help but adore the dark, killer riff of 'Destroy.' No harm in losing yourself in this type of basement metal. 7/10

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All their albums except the third one are great