Friday 7 September 2012

Lita Ford - Living Like A Runaway (2012)

Time to take a break from the techno thrash assault me thinks with something a lilttle more heavier!!!! Okay, so it's Lita Ford, sultry metal queen of the '80s finally back doin' what she does best (or worst according to some). Armed with a few more wrinkles the blonde bombshell still delivers a half cocked record that is in two halves musically. We have the watered down, and middle of the road cuts and a pinch of heavier tracks, giving me the idea that Lita didn't want to go balls out on this record and so clearly decided to want to please everyone, but when I hear heavy cuts like 'Branded' and 'Devil In My Head' I begin asking why she didn't go the whole hog, rather than chuck in a few wet lettuce's such as sentimental ballad 'Mother' and the cliche title track which like so many US rock songs seems intent on telling us a life story we either a) already know, or b) aren't really bothered about. 'Relentless' gives us a bit of a groovier guitar sound, but overall it's all ratehr predictable and I, among very few, found her last outing more meatier, but ya can't please everyone and if Lita's happy then cool, but if I want to really listen to her then I'll put my Runaways albums back on the decks. 5/10

No comments: