Thursday 6 September 2012

Blue Blud - The Big Noise (1989)

Firehouse, Danger Danger - yknow the score, it's hair metal, it's middle of the road and it's far from beinga big noise, maybe 'The Big Hair' would've been a better title but like the contradictory prat I am I still dig this stuff even if I only play it once in a blue moon. I could've written a track like 'Don't Turn Out The Light' in my sleep, sultry, steamy, keyboard laced - three ingredient's to make the perfect hair metal cake, and nor fogetting the token balld - 'I Can't Wait' - and then sprinkle with some cheesy shavings on top, we'll call this extra touch 'Never Rains In England' (believe me guys, it does and it's ruin your hair!) another power rocker with essential "Ooo-oooh's" for good measure. This sort of stuff kept metal alive in the late '80s, but when the change came and bands were asked to innovate, these stupid sounds became dated very quickly. I guess that in retrospect it's the buffoonry of bands like Blue Blud that gave the genre it's reputation, and while it's shelf life was extremely limited, it provided entertainment for a handful of people with no brains. 4/10

No comments: