Friday 5 October 2012

Shire - s/t (1984)

I know next to nothing about these guys, but it is infectious metal with clear - almost Seb Bach style vocals - musically pretty straight laced, but a degreee of weight on those guys. Played seriously, this record is a solid ball of rock, with some mini anthems that get their hooks in quick, the cool groove of 'Hold On' and the dense riff of 'Thinking Of You' reminds me of old Crue to some extent. Nothing flashy, but there's a lot of soul here, and an element of bubblegum rock, with the sultry 'Be My Side No More,' and I just can't put my finger on why I loike this obscure record, but 'Do You Know What It's Like ?' has a cool glammy swagger. I think these guys were from Los Angeles, who knows, but either way it's a cool little record. 7/10

No comments: