Monday 29 October 2012

Viva - What The Hell Is Going On ? (1981)

Is this really from 1981 ? I'm sorry, but when I hear 'White Snow' I just have to smash the place up, a pompous rocker of a track featuring the brilliant lyrics, "I need another bottle of booze, whiskey on the rocks so I am loose..." and let's not ignore that killer riff and keyboard effect. What a stonking metal track, and the vocals are killer too, German I'm guessing, but everything about this is attitude, sneer and oomph. I could harp on forever about these type of straight laced metal acts, all fist pumping and mega melody. I can't get enough of a track like 'Breakout' or the synth swept 'Screaming For Your Love.' Who the hell are these guys ? These guys are that good, and oh so very metal that I'd have to put this record alongside Tyrant's 'Too Late To Pray' as being 100% molten metal, even with those epic synth's this is masterfully obscure. Grab yourself a copy and set fire to your parents...and check out that cover! 8/10

No comments: